Year 7 Induction 2020
I would like to update you on the arrangements we are making for students joining Trentham Academy in September. Usually, we would invite both the children and parents/carers to the academy during the summer term but unfortunately we find ourselves in circumstances where this is not possible.
I hope I can reassure you by explaining the work that is currently being done by our Transition Coordinator, Mrs Shaw, to ensure a smooth transition from primary school for your child. She is completing the following:
- Reviewing the detailed information we have received for every student from their primary school, regarding both pastoral and academic aspects
- Speaking to all Year 6 teachers to ensure we understand the needs of all our new Year 7s clearly
- Placing each student in a House (Apollo, Pioneer or Voyager) and then into a tutor group
- Identifying vulnerable children and those who have additional needs and liaising with the SEN and inclusion teams to contact them and discuss provision
We are preparing an induction pack to send to you towards the end of June that will contain:
- An induction booklet containing all the information you need about Trentham Academy
- Full details of the remote induction event
- Consent forms for aspects of academy life requiring parental permission
- Uniform information and leaflets
- A postcard detailing their house and tutor group with a message from their form tutor
- A ‘This is me’ activity for students to complete and return to their form tutors to help tutors know their tutees more quickly
In addition, I am planning a remote induction event on Thursday, 2nd July that will include a presentation from the senior team with the opportunity for questions, a virtual tour of the academy and some video messages from current Year 7 students.
If you have any questions before this information arrives, please do not hesitate to contact the Academy using Trentham@trenthamacademy.co.uk.