Parental Firefly Login
Parents now have access to the Firefly learning platform. This means that you can log in from a computer, tablet or smartphone and see information about your child’s progress at school.
To access your account for the first time:
- Go to http://trentham.fireflycloud.net
- Click on the green box, enter your email address (the one registered with school that we use to send you messages) and click Activate Account
- Check your email inbox (the registered parent account for the school) for a message from Firefly
- Follow the email instructions to login and create a password
- Click on your child’s name to access attendance / homework information
All homework tasks are now being set on Firefly – in many cases, as well as the description of the task, there will also be resources to help completion. Tasks set will have a code at the beginning to indicate what is expected of students:
- CLASS: This is an activity that will be taking place during lesson time
- EXT: This is an activity that will take place outside lesson time. It will be marked and feedback given to the student
- PREP: This is an activity that needs to be completed before the next lesson but will not be graded – for example, gathering materials to use in an Art lesson or finding a newspaper article for Geography
Most EXT tasks will be graded so that parents will know not only that work was completed, but also how well. These are on a 1-4 scale:
- Completed to deadline and at target level or better
- Completed to deadline and approaching target level
- Completed to deadline but not at an acceptable level
- Not completed
Other tasks such as quizzes will have an overall mark displayed.
If you have any queries about Firefly or can’t log in please use the firstname.lastname@example.org address for emails.