Trentham Academy is currently oversubscribed for 2020/21 and proud to have developed strong links with many local primary schools.
We plan several activities throughout the year to bring local primary school children to the Academy so they are able to experience the secondary school environment and have a wide variety of lessons with our staff.
We also welcome primary school staff to use our academy facilities for their lessons; these include a large food technology room, design and technology rooms and extensive sports facilities, for example.
In addition to welcoming staff and students to the Academy, our staff are able to visit the schools and offer a range of activities including support with Modern Foreign Languages, using iPads to make animations of class readers and loaning the science experiment box.
The partnerships Trentham Academy has with schools in Stoke-on-Trent are valued and we work hard to ensure best practice is followed so that pupils feel confident during their transition to secondary education.
In September 2020, we are delighted that students joined us from the following 28 primary schools:
- Ash Green Primary Academy
- Priory C of E Primary School
- Oakhill Primary School
- The Willows Primary School
- St Joseph’s Preparatory School
- St John’s CofE(A) Primary School
- St Teresa’s Catholic Primary School
- Belgrave Saint Bartholomew’s Academy
- Sutherland Primary Academy
- The Meadows Primary Academy
- Newstead Primary Academy
- Heron Cross Primary School
- St Pauls’s CofE(C) Primary School
- St Peter’s CofE(A) Primary School
- Christ Church CofE Primary School
- Glebe Academy
- Gladstone Primary School
- Stoke Minster CofE Primary Academy
- Alexandra Junior School
- Weston Junior School
- Walton Priory Middle School
- Thursfield Primary Schiool
- St Margaret’s CE(C) Junior School
- St Augustine’s Catholic Academy
- Seabridge Primary School
- Sandon Primary School
- Parkhall Academy
- Forest Park Primary School
Trentham Academy is a member of the City Learning Trust.