Year 7 Admissions 2020
If you are looking for a place for a child currently in Year 6, due to be starting Year 7 in September 2020 please contact the Local Authority on 01782 234598.
If you would like further information about the school or would like to arrange a visit, please telephone 01782 883200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are looking for a place for a student who is already attending another high school, please contact the school directly on 01782 883200 or email email@example.com.
Where the number of applications exceeds the number of places available (the Published
Admission Number), the Governing Body will use the following over-subscription criteria to
determine those applicants to be offered a place (these are similar over-subscription criteria
used by Stoke-on-Trent City Council for Community Secondary Schools).
Trentham Academy Governors will prioritise places in the following order:
- Looked after children or previously looked after children (those children who were
looked after but have since been adopted or made subject to a child arrangement
order or special guardianship order.
- Children who have older brothers or sisters/siblings* at the school at the time that
they will start.
- Children who attend one of our feeder primary schools, Priory and Ash Green.
- Children who satisfy the following:
- a)They are distinguished from the great majority of applicants either by
medical or by other exceptional circumstances which relate to the choice of
school i.e. the circumstances of the child;
- b) They would suffer hardship if they were unable to attend the preferred
school (hardship means suffering of any kind). See Appendix 1
- b)They are the child of a member of staff of the school. See Appendix 2
- Children who live nearest to the Academy as determined by an electronic measured
route from the front door of the child’s home address to the school entrance on
If the last eligible child is a twin, triplet or child of any other multiple births, the Governors
Will allocate places to the siblings even if that means exceeding the admission number.
If you are not offered a place at our Academy, you have the right to appeal to our
independent panel. Appeal papers will normally be sent out with offer letters to all those
parents who were offered a school lower on their preference list than Trentham Academy.
Please ensure that these are headed with the Academy name and address and are returned
to the Clerk of the Appeal Panel at the Academy. The closing date on the appeal application
form must be adhered to. If you are in any doubt, please contact the school and we will
send you appeal forms.
All appeals should be heard by the same panel and it is difficult to slot in late applications.
Appeals will be heard before 6th July or the first working day afterwards if the 6th is a
This policy will be reviewed on an annual basis by the Governors of the Academy.